For quite sometime, I used to believe that we do what we have/need to do. There is no such thing as passion. Passion was just like any other word to me. But by doing things which I love I changed my perspective of passion and realized that passion is actually a very mandatory component of everything we do. A few days back when I was struggling with life (which is school essentially), I took myself through what I call the thought-process. When things don’t work out and when life seems to be going nowhere then you need a break – a short one, perhaps. A bit heavy duty for a young mind but will work for your best in a long run. So this short process will help you stay away from depression and many other unnecessary burdens of life. It might not work for you but it did for me, so yay! :p
- Forget about everything for a moment. Go out in fresh air and let your mind cool down.
- Observe nature i.e. any trees, birds, plants, etc. that you see and appreciate these beautiful intricate creations of your Creator.
- Think of it this way – You are the only appreciator of these little things. Absorb these little packages of happiness to let hormones of happiness flow freely in your body.
- Now comes the heavy-duty part – the simple process! If you are struggling with your school life (I can only think of that example because I have experienced it :p ), then just let all your worries free.
- Enjoy the moment – It’s hard at times when you are juggling with your exams and assignments and tests at the same time but think about it – every moment that you spend being angry or upset is a moment of happiness that you will never get back. No returns, unfortunately or fortunately. Why don’t we, instead of complaining, try to enhance our lives by adding those little pleasures and joys that we get by doing what we love and by being with people we love. This feeling will make things a whole lot better. You can trust me on that!
- As we grow up, we learn that one person who was not supposed to let us down probably will. You will have your heart broken and you will break others’ hearts. You will fight with your best friend and at the same time, you will cry because the time is flying by. So make those small interactions your best memories with a touch of love, affection and kindness.
- A quote a day, keeps despair away! Yes, make it your habit. Read at least one inspirational quote a day. Plus, reading a simple quote won’t wreck your brain. So next time, while you chill on facebook, google a quote.
- Give someone a reason to smile. Inspire others. Live it. Love it.
- PS. I’m not saying that don’t get depressed at all. Ofcourse, you will face moments when you will feel down and it is totally okay to feel that way. It gives you the desired boost sometimes. Just don’t over-do it. That’s all.
“Hate no one, no matter how much they’ve wronged you. Live humbly, no matter how wealthy you become. Think positively, no matter how hard life is. Give much, even if you’ve been given little. Keep in touch with the ones who have forgotten you, and forgive who has wronged you, & do not stop praying for the best for those you love.”
—Ali bin Abi Talib (Radi allahu anhu)